Saturday, July 24, 2010

First Conversation?

Paul's been gone this weekend at a friend's bachelor party. So it's been Mommy and Jack for the last two days, which has been great since I have missed a lot of quality time while at my classes this summer.

Yesterday, I wanted to do something fun so I took Jack to the pool. It was my first time doing it all by myself and I was worried at first but it was pretty easy because he follows directions well. We got there around 5, right in the middle of the lifeguard break where kids under 14 have to leave the water. I thought Jack would have a tough time not going in and understanding why he couldn't but he just stayed by me as I told him to wait.

The sky was overcast and it wasn't as warm as predicted so I wanted him to play in the kiddie pool part and not dress him up in full swimming gear and get in myself. He played and enjoyed himself for about a half an hour, which is a short period of time for him and a pool.

Then he said: "Home."
Me: You wanna go home?
Jack: Bye-bye
Me: You wanna go bye bye?
Jack: Yeah.

I said, "okay", and started to walk out of the pool. He followed. Once he got out I wanted to make sure.

Me: You wanna go home?
Jack: Yeah
Me: Or do you want to go back in the pool?

He looked back at the pool and said: No-no.

No comments: