Sunday, September 7, 2014

Dani's First Day of School

Dani's start to school went a bit differently than Jack's.  Dani's preschool eases kids into it.  The first day is for one hour and is with a parent/grandparent.  The next three days are for one hour alone.  Where Jack is passive in new situations, Dani jumps in with both feet.  She's always been my "I'll figure it out once I get there" kid.

On day one, she played with Grandma and had some fun.  She also raised her hand to answer questions quite a bit.  At one point, she raised her hand to tell the teacher (and the class) that the girl who had given the answer was wrong and then she supplied the correct answer.

On day two, she didn't cry at all as Grandma dropped her off and left her there to her own devices.  She has already informed me that she loves her teachers.  She is also happy that they are both girls.  She wants everyone and everything to be a girl .  Fortunately, her class is girl heavy.

I can't wait to see how she does at school and what she learns.  She's an amazing little kid.  I've never seen a kid her age have such confidence.  I certainly hope it will serve her well rather than lead her into a series of time outs at school!

Dani with her first day of school book

No comments: