Monday, March 16, 2009

Fart Jokes

I often find it annoying and immature that men never seem to outgrow fart jokes. In movies, on TV--things that a woman finds absolutely disgusting, men find side-splittingly hilarious. They like movies like Knocked Up, Jackass, etc. while we are left to wonder what Neanderthal trait has been inherited by our men. Apparently, however this starts at a very young age and never leaves them.

Yesterday, Jack was pretty farty. Actually, he's pretty farty a lot. Sometimes he farts so loudly that I have to look at him to make sure he hasn't blown up. In fact, I tell him all the time that if he were English royalty, he'd be a "Tooter" (get it, Tudor)! Anyway, yesterday I had just changed him and was bringing him back to put him in his bouncy seat. As I set him down, he let a couple of big ones rip. When I looked down at him with great surprise, he looked up to meet my eyes, and gave me the biggest goofy grin, like he was ultra proud of what he had just accomplished. I couldn't stop laughing. I don't think I'll be laughing if he does the same thing when he's thirty.

1 comment:

Brooke Ullman said...

Who wrote this? Not Natalie? You. Love. Fart Jokes.