Friday, December 3, 2010

Welcome to the Family, Dani!!

Danielle Brooke Soto born 11/30/10







Jack meets Dani

The new and improved Sotos


On November 30th, this blog became about two kids. Danielle Brooke Soto ("Dani") was born at 8:00 am via C-section. We checked in at 5:30 am at the hospital, went through all the paperwork stuff and, compared to last time, it was all a breeze! I had my blood drawn or IV put in at least 4 times and each time it only took 1 stick! My average is 2 sticks but with Jack it took 4 and 3 different nurses, so I was happy! I was nervous about the spinal but that was done quickly and easily and I was numb in seconds. I didn't get the shakes this time either and was so relaxed. She was out in seconds, even though she made it a little tough for the doctors--she didn't want to come out! I was shocked to see how big she was and then the weight check confirmed it--9 lbs 7 oz! No wonder I was so uncomfortable at the end!

The day of my surgery I actually was up and walking around. I felt pretty good. Day Two was awful as I had the built up gas from the surgery and it was causing major pain all over my body. In fact, taking both C-sections into account, I have never felt worse than I felt on day two this time. However, taking both into account, as a whole, this one was so much easier. After Day 2, I didn't take any more pain medication other than ibprofen. I am sore but not nearly as much as I was the first time!

As for Dani, she's perfect. Lots of dark hair, big and sturdy and, most importantly, healthy! She looks a lot like me but I see flashes of Jack too. She's sweet and snuggly and my fears of not loving her like I love Jack dissolved as soon as I got her into my arms! It's so strange to say I have two kids! It's scary and busy but it's early. I get feelings of guilt when paying attention to one kid more than the other but that will get better. We're still feeling out the situation and until we get it all figured out, it's going to be hard but today, as my new family was sitting at home watching our evening Jeopardy, I looked at my family and felt so happy and proud! Our family was perfect before but the addition of Dani has made it even better!

As for Jack, he visited us on Thursday in the hospital. He was interested in Dani off and on but spent the rest of the time just running around the room and talking to me. When we got home today, it was much the same. He would point her out, say "I'm a big brother.", and say her name but he wouldn't touch her. He did, however, show some interest when he noticed her polka dot pajamas as he walked up to her, pointed and said, "Mommy, how many circles?"

1 comment:

Brooke Ullman said...

Time to send me a cute pic of Jack and Dani together so we can update the header on your blog!