Friday, February 4, 2011

Laughter is not always the best medicine. .

We've been pretty tethered to the house because of Dani. I don't really want to go anywhere in the Winter before she has had her shots. Because we are fortunate enough to have my mother-in-law helping out, I have been able to take Jack all sorts of places and get out of the house.

However, Jack got sick last week and after days of coughing in my face, I've gotten it too. Unfortunately it couldn't have come at a worse time. I had all sorts of things planned for this week leading up to his birthday. They took a backseat to Snowmageddon 2011. No big deal. We still had the weekend. That is, until Jack didn't get any better and I started to get sick too. We had to cancel today's outing to a basketball game and tomorrow's playdate, an extra bummer since it is his actual birthday. With any luck, we'll feel better by his party on Sunday.

Anyway, I've been pretty down about it all day. I wanted it to be special for my boy and I wanted to go out and do stuff. I'm tired of being cooped up all the time and I was looking forward to some adult socializing. Instead, I made a dual doctor appointment for the two of us. Jack's appointment was at 11:30 and mine was at 12:30--different doctor, same place. I packed a bag of toys, books and snacks for the waits. After his appointment and ear infection diagnosis, we sat in the waiting room waiting for my turn. He is always such a good kid and listens when we are out. I am so lucky. Anyway, he crawled into my lap and wanted a hug. I hugged him tight and told him, "I love you, Jack. You're the best boy." He replied, "You're the best Mommy." Who needs a prescription when you hear something like that?

No comments: