Saturday, May 14, 2011

Easter 2011

Coloring Easter eggs









Easter 2011 was a fun one. More so for Jack than Dani, since she couldn't find eggs! Jack and I colored eggs for the first time and he loved making eggs different colors. I thought there was nothing he could like better as he screamed, "BLUE!!!" or "ORANGE!!!" each time an egg was extracted from the coloring cup. However, he loved finding eggs. On Easter Sunday I hid eggs around the house. But I hid plastic ones that I had filled with various goodies like chocolate peanut butter eggs, gummy cars, Teddy Grahams and M&Ms. He was pretty good at finding the eggs too. Granted they weren't hidden too much but he still did a good job. I realized that we will probably have to move after a few years so that I have more places to hide eggs. I feel that I will exhaust all areas in a few years!


But the fun didn't stop there. It took him awhile longer to figure out that there were fun things in the eggs. Each egg he opened was a surprise and he would yell out, "OHHHHHHHHH!" He equally enjoyed his Easter basket which was hidden in the dryer. His favorite candy proved to be the Reese's peanut butter eggs.


Later in the day we went to Paul's sister's house and he got to hunt for more eggs. He thinks Easter is great! And we are still working on polishing off all that candy!









No comments: