Friday, July 22, 2011

Oh that Jack!

We have been in Florida visiting my parents for the last three weeks, which I will write more about soon. Lots happened, including Dani beginning to crawl. But I will save that for when I have more time to write! A few cute Jack things:



  • Yesterday, I went to wake him up. He was laying in bed and I laid next to him and we were talking. He looked up, pointed at the ceiling fan and asked, "What's dat?" Jack likes to ask questions he already knows the answer to so I said, "I don't know." "A fan!" he replied, adding, "How many fans?" "Only one," I said. He then proceeded to count his familiy. One Mommy, one Jack, one JoJo, etc. He then came back to me, put his hand on my arm and said, "She's a nice Mommy!"



  • Paul is at a conference in St. Louis this week. Jack has been repeatedly asking where he is all week. He is now responding, "In Lou-lou-less!"



  • We continually have to watch what we say around Jack. He's a sponge and picks up everything. This goes for naughty words or even making fun of people. For example, I can no longer call his aunt "crazy". This is very difficult. The other day, he pooped and before I had a chance to change his diaper, he put his hand down his pants. Realizing this was a big mistake, he tried to wipe his hand off and got it on several locations. I was trying to strip him down without getting poop everywhere. It had been a hectic morning and I am not sure if my mom said it or I did or we both did, but someone yelled out, "Oh God bless it!" Jack now has adopted it and laughs hysterically when he says it, which makes us laugh even though we don't want to and further ingrains the behavior. We are really going to need to get better at this!

No comments: