Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Kid stuff

Today I took Jack and Dani to Target. As I turn into the parking lot, I realize I am behind this complete idiot who has know idea what she is doing or where she is going. So I yell out, "Come ON! What are you DOING!" Then I hear this little voice from the backseat say, "Ummm....I'm sitting in da seat."

--------------------

When Jack wants the attention that Dani is getting, he starts to throw things because he knows he will get yelled at and figures that any attention is better than none. Today he picked up a rather heavy toy. I tried to stop him by saying, "Jack, you throw that and you get a Time Out." He looked at me, purposely dropped it on the floor and said, "I dropped it. See?"

--------------------

Our Dani girl is almost one--so hard to believe. She is such a happy little delight. She is babbling like crazy and Jack is enjoying telling her what to say. And she is happy to always oblige her brother, who she adores. It seems that, for the most part, the feeling is mutual. She is walking like a crazy woman and just today started dancing, which is basically her bouncing up and down on her legs and yelling.

--------------------

The other day Jack was getting up from his nap. I heard him start to stir and went upstairs to get him. When I opened the door, he popped up, jumped out of bed and declared, "I'm outta here!"

--------------------

I have managed to work the word "ueber" into Jack's working vocabulary. Tonight, after Dani ate something random off of the floor for the umpteenth time (I swear she's part goat. And I'm Mother of the Year.), Jack declared, "Dat's ueber, ueber yucky." Next up: Schadenfreude.

--------------------

Today Jack was working on perfecting his Lego tower. He would build it, then happily knock it down and start over again. In the middle of a re-build, Dani swooped in and snatched a piece of the tower. Jack bent down, ripped it out of her hand and said, "Are you kidding me, Dani?!?!?"

--------------------

Dani is a girl who knows what she wants. When she objects, which she does often (and does every time after hearing the word, "No.") she cries or yells. Yesterday she went for a toy. Jack saw what she was doing and beat her to it, even though he had no interest in playing with the toy until it was Dani's idea. Dani yelled, then screamed. Then started flapping her arms and smacked him. I really think Jack better get all his teasing and abuse in now. I don't think he's going to have the upper hand for long. My prediction is that, when it's all said and done, she makes him cry more than he makes her cry.

No comments: