Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Amazing Jack

Jack never ceases to amaze us with how mature he is.  We joke all the time that we don't need to ever worry about finding a babysitter--Jack can just take care of it.  We saw that several times this past week when I was out of town in Ohio.  Paul had single dad duty for a week while I went to Cincinnati to help grade AP exams.  I always hate leaving them because 1)  they are adorable and I hate not seeing them each day and 2)  it is a lot to leave to one parent.  I am fortunate that Paul understands and is a great dad and can handle it! 


We had celebrated Father's Day the Sunday before I left since I would be out of town on the actual day.  But I told Jack to try and remember to wish Paul a happy Father's day on Sunday.  On Sunday, Paul heard Dani start to stir but when she got quiet again, he fell back to sleep.  When he woke up a little later, he noticed both kids were not in their rooms.  When he got downstairs, Jack and Dani were playing on the iPad and Jack had gotten Dani some juice.  When Jack saw Paul, he smiled a huge grin and said, "Happy Father's Day, Dad!"  It was the perfect morning present he could have given Paul. 


He one-upped himself a couple of days later.  Paul again heard Dani but fell back asleep.  He awoke to the clinking of utensils and Jack telling Dani to wash her hands.  When he got downstairs, both kids were at the kitchen table eating the cereal Jack had prepared.  The kid is ridiculous.  And sweet. 

No comments: