Monday, October 13, 2008

What are you?

Dear Baby,

I don't mean to be a pain or sound ungrateful that things have been going so well so far, but I was wondering if you wouldn't mind being a good little fetus and letting Dad and me know what you are next week. I mean, you just have to move a little and stay out of hiding from behind my belly button.

I really don't think it's too much to ask. I mean, think of all that is in it for you: Grandma will buy you tons of stuff probably the minute you let us know, we will make you the coolest room ever that is specific to your gender, we can start to buy you really cute clothes that will help people distinguish what you are (sometimes it's hard to tell what a baby is when it is so little) so that they don't call you a boy when you are a girl or vice versa, etc. I really think it will be a benefit to you, though I do respect your desire for privacy and that you don't want to show complete and total strangers your private regions. In fact, this is something that I would be quite thankful for when you are older so keep this prudishness in mind then, please.

If for some reason you decide that you are shy again, I won't be mad (but I can't make any promises about Grandma or Auntie Brooke) and I will still try to buy you cute clothes and make you a cute little room. As long as you are healthy and continue to grow right (you are making terrific progress by the way--you've passed all of your first tests and Mommy thinks you are a genius already), I'll be happy with anything. By the way, we don't care what you are, because boy or girl, you are ours and we can't wait to meet you and love the heck out of you. But in the meantime, if you could give us a little hint, we can, in turn, give you a pronoun and stop calling you it! It makes us feel rude! So, I guess we'll see you next week for likely the final time until we see you live! We can't wait for both! Take care, grow well and see you soon!

Love,
Mom

1 comment:

Brooke Ullman said...

WHAT ARE YOU?!. Isn't tomorrow the day?!.....