Thursday, July 2, 2009

Jack's Playlist

Okay, so he doesn't have an IPod (and I am planning on keeping it that way for a LONG time.). But he does have certain songs that he really likes. We have just found Moose and Zee on noggin.com, which plays sing-songy 2 minute kid tunes with colorful characters. That's where his kiddie music stops for the moment.

Other than that, he likes anything I sing to him. He thinks I should be the next American Idol--he'll probably change his mind when he is a little older. I make up all sorts of songs to existing tunes or some I just sing whatever comes out of my mouth. For the most part, he loves it. However, I do sing him actual existing songs too. I have come to realize that Jack is a big fan of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. (Like the IPod, I won't be taking him to see Jersey Boys for a LONG time.) He particulary likes, "Who Loves You" (I change the words to include his name at the end.) and "Let's hang on." (I also include his name here!) I have recently changed nearly the entire verse of "Who loves you?" to make it more appropriate:

Who loves her Jackie baby?
Who's gonna love him all his life?
Who loves her Jackie baby?
Who's gonna pick him out a wife?

I have also recently discovered that he likes "Proud Mary." The Tina Turner version, not the CCR one.

Maybe this will give me some hope for the future--that he'll like good music and that I won't have to listen to the typical teenage crap when he is that age. But I doubt it. For now, I'll just enjoy the moment, I guess!

No comments: