Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Tummy Time!


Notice drool droplet on chin

I swear, I'm gonna get this crawling thing down!


Jack can't crawl yet. But boy does he try. Since he learned how to turn over, he doesn't spend much time on his back. He likes to play on his tummy, sleep on his tummy, and just hang out on his tummy. Though he can't crawl, he gets what he is supposed to do. I have put blocks out in front of him to try to entice him to make a move. He bangs his hands and feet, thinking that does something and then gets frustrated when he gets no where. But he also gets a little crazy and excited too. I can't wait to see the look on his face when he actually makes himself move!

Other than that, he is drooling like a rabid dog. They say teething can last months. Jack has been a waterfall for two and a half months. He bites everything. He pulls himself up using my hands and then chomps down on my thumb. He grabs our faces and pulls them toward him to bite our faces. When he's not trying to bite us, he eats his own fingers. I count them regularly to make sure he has them all. I keep checking for teeth--nothing. He's been wonderful though. He doesn't cry about it, he just gnaws around and gets spit everywhere. I'll take it!

He also has been enjoying using his voice. He babbles at times but mostly he just screams (not in an upset way, but rather in a "look what I can do" kinda way). Last week when we took him to Grandma's he yelled the whole car ride. It's hilarious, even if our telephone conversations have been pretty lame as of late.

No comments: