Friday, September 25, 2009

AP Baby

Okay, this baby thing is weird. Jack will be going along, doing the same things, getting better at them little by little and then, all of a sudden, he's do something crazy for the first time that he's never done before. I realize that holding a sippy cup isn't exactly Earth shattering to the average person but, in baby world, it's some major news!

Anyway, I got home from work on Thursday (the close to the end of a crazy busy week where I didn't get to see my little man much) and went to play with him. When he smiled at me, I noticed that he had sprouted a new tooth. This wasn't a major surprise since he had been rolling his tongue over his gums like crazy and drooling like a rabid dog. However, I kept seeing the bump on his gums, but no tooth. Well, it showed up on Thursday. Jack must have been equally as excited and, in celebration, rolled from back to front to his LEFT! We knew he could do it, he's been strong enough forever but he just has this preference for going to his right, even if he does everything with his left hand (we're thinking he's going to be a pitcher!). But I guess, he just decided to do something different. And he wasn't done there. Right after he rolled over, while Paul and I were still looking at him and our left hands to make sure we had seen it right, he pushed himself up to sitting!

He has progressively gotten stronger in his upper body and is moving all over the place, but without crawling. He is pushing up and using his legs, but he hasn't worked it out yet. My prediction is that he'll be there by next week. In the meantime, he is Mr. Cranky Pants because he is becoming increasingly frustrated with his desire to move yet inability to do so. Every position he gets into, or gets put into, he whines because he wants something different. Hopefully, he'll be less cranky when he gets mobile. But then we're in for all sorts of trouble!! And FUN!!

No comments: