Sunday, March 6, 2011

Buzzy Butt and Other Stories

Dani is really starting to show her little personality already. She's a very happy little girl and she is pretty easy going in most regards. It's a night and day switch from the way she was the first month of her life, when she was hurting from her allergy unbeknownst to us. Since then, she's been great. Happy, pretty easy (we'd probably consider her very easy if we didn't have TWO kids to chase around!), sweet and snuggly. She likes to interact with you and does her best to talk. She also is a girl who knows what she wants.

She likes to eat dinner with us, even though she can't partake in the eating part. If she's awake, we bring her bouncy chair to the table so she can feel part of the family. She likes to watch Jack and talk to both of us and be talked to. This weekend, we moved Jack out of his high chair and into a booster seat. He now sits to my right, so Dani was left on my left all by herself. I did my best to interact with both equally but apparently I was spending too much time with Jack. I heard Dani start to squawk (she does this little half cry have annoyed yell that we call her 'squawk'). I looked over at her. Her little brow was furrowed and she looked a little annoyed. Once I turned to her and said "hi", she gave me her big goofy grin. Looks like she's figuring out how to communicate what she wants already.

This morning, she was eating breakfast with us and I had turned the vibrate function on her bouncy seat on. She was as happy as could be, talking with me and then all of a sudden, she stuck her little lower lip out and started to pout. She looked like she was about ready to cry any moment when I realized her the vibrate function had turned itself off. I leaned over, turned it on and she was all grins!! Who needs words??

No comments: