Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Kid is Hilarious!

No one makes me laugh more than Jack. He's just ridiculous. Today, we had our music class. And he had me cracking up almost the entire class. On the way there, we passed a pond that was frozen over.

Jack: There's no turtles!

Me: Nope. You're right.

Jack: I don't see 'em.

We arrive at music class and another mom, who was sick last week, shows up with her kids. The teacher asked her how she was doing. . .

Teacher: Are you feeling better?

Mom: Yes. Much better. Thank you!

Teacher: That's great.

Jack: I'm so glad.

I'm not sure if he knew that what he was saying matched the context perfectly or if he just got lucky but later in the class, he definitely didn't match the context when he turned to me and said,

"I love pandas!"

I was puzzled having not remembered ever showing him a picture of a panda. Later in the class, the teacher started singing one of the usual songs.

Teacher (singing): Everyday is special, in it's own way. Come on, everybody, let's celebrate today.

She then started to go into the day's theme about colors.

Teacher: What day is today? (she was looking to introduce the color unit.)

Jack: Special!

Other than that, he had me laughing as he threw his hands in the air and shouted, "Hooray!" and when he finally got rid of his shyness about bringing class materials back to the teacher. After depositing the drumsticks into the bag, he decided to give himself a little pat on the back by yelling, "Yay for Jack!" My little narcissist!

No comments: