Friday, February 13, 2009

Introducing Jack Matthew Soto











On February 5th at 5:15 our son was born.

I went to the hospital on February 4th after school and began the first drug for the induction. I was supposed to get the second in the morning but my water broke and I was in labor before they could get to it. Within the next 2 hours, I was 4 cm dialated and longing for an epidural. But because it progressed so fast, I had to wait for the 1 liter of fluid through the IV before I could get it. Ordinarily, I wouldn't be chomping at the bit to get a shot in the spine but at that point, it didn't matter at all.

After the epidural, life was good. A few hours later, the pushing phase began. It was then that we realized that Jack was face up instead of face down--leading to a lot of back labor and him staying put. In the end, I just wasn't big enough and his position made him get stuck. I was brought in for a C-section a short while later. It was scary and the large doses of drugs made me get the shakes so bad but it was all worth it a short while later when I heard my son cry for the first time. Tears poured from my eyes and they showed me this grayish purple kid with an obscene conehead. I thought one of the perks of the C-section was a perfect round headed infant. I had to go through 12 hours and then get the C-section. And it was worth every second.

Jack is the most perfect, beautiful thing I have ever seen. He weighed 8 lbs 6 oz. was 20.5 inches long and he is absolutely gorgeous. I have loved every second of Mommyhood. I don't even mind getting up in the middle of the night and I can't wait to see what adventures await our new family. We are all so lucky.

No comments: