Monday, February 2, 2009

Induction to Motherhood

February 5th--the big day.

The doctor has decided that this little Munchkin isn't so little and that the longer we wait the bigger he will get and the higher the likelihood will be that I will need a C-section. So he has recommended that I be induced this week. I was so ready to be done and then when he actually gave me a date for "go time", I felt like I was going to puke! However, I have kind of gotten used to it and though I get scared every once in awhile, it is also really exciting and I can't believe all these months of waiting are nearly over. I can't believe that, by this weekend, I will be a mom!

I keep telling myself that I will do just fine, that I am tougher than most of the women in my childbirth class, that women have been doing this for hundreds of years--but it still gets scary at times. I am hoping that it will be like so many things for me--that the anticipation of it will be more nerve-wracking than the reality. Once I feel what it all feels like, I will know and then be able to find a way to deal with it. The not knowing is most unsettling. I don't know what to expect really and I don't know how I will handle it all. But I do know that I can't wait to meet my little guy.

No comments: