Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sweaty Back Jack

A short while after we brought Jack home from the hospital, we realized that the kid was really sweaty in the back region. We'd lay him down for a nap or overnight and when we'd pick him up, we'd see a circle of what appeared to be sweat on his outfit and whatever he was laying on. We checked him over to see if we were maybe overheating him at night but he wasn't sweaty anywhere else. I had flashbacks to this guy from high school who was perpetually sweaty and was worried that the same fate would fall upon my son. I couldn't figure out how he could make a perfect sweat circle just at his back. Until I realized what I had been doing wrong. . .

Jack's circumcision looked so painful that I didn't want to do anything to hurt him so I would let his penis (boy is he going to love reading this when he is older) just go where it wanted to--in this case, pointed upwards. I was then folding down the top of the diaper so it wouldn't rub against his umbilical cord. We realized that Sweaty Back Jack came from Jack peeing upwards out the top of his folded down diaper and rolling down his back, forming the perfect "sweat" circle on his back.

Jack has been a lot less sweaty since we have aimed the penis down!

No comments: