Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tidbits

Apparently the trainset we got for Jack for Christmas is still a hit. Today he was practicing his numbers in Spanish. (He loves this--he is a big nerd!) With help he got to thirty (treinta--pronounced train-ta) and got stuck. I tried to help him and he repeated, "Train-set-a!"

-----------------------

We think Jack is getting his molars in because he keeps sucking on his hands. He does it until his hands get all drooly and prune-like and we tell him to take his hands out of his mouth. He does, looks at his hands and then says, "Yucky!" and seeks one of us out to wipe his hand on our shirts. I told him that it was rude so now he says, "That's rude," as he wipes the drool on us.

-----------------------

Jack got pink eye this week and needs eye drops. At first he fought them, then he whimpered. Now, I swear he is just trying to make us laugh so we can't put them in. While trying to put them in before bed a couple of nights ago, he said, "Oh no!", "I'm so handsome," "Mommy say, 'Almost done!'", and "This is ridiculous!"

-----------------------

The other day, Jack and I were eating breakfast. He looked at me and said, "Dani stinks." (And she was not at all smelly.) I don't think he truly loves her yet!

-----------------------

I took Jack to the doctor for his pink eye and cold. And I learned that he hates elevators. I mean he cries during the entire ride and before if he figures out what you are doing before you get him in. He got so upset that we took the million stairs instead. He hates elevators almost as much as he hates sheep. He's going to have a heart attack if there is ever a sheep in an elevator!

No comments: