Saturday, January 15, 2011

Wimpy, Wimpy, Wimpy and other News

I enrolled Jack in a music class Thursdays. I wanted to do something just with him so he could still feel special and get special Mommy time without Dani around. I was all excited because he is really into music and dancing and Mommy so I thought it would be the perfect combo for this class. More like the Perfect Storm. It started out fine. We got there and he was curious about everyone and everything. There was a little piano mat on the floor that the kids could play. He went up to it and started happily playing, even when the other kids were also playing. One of the girls turned it off and Jack turned the mat over and announced, "I fix it!" I thought, "wow, he's matured. At Kindermusik class a year ago, he just cried the first two times!"

Well, the teacher started class and started the music and my outgoing, funny toddler turned into a crying, wimpy mess. He didn't want to partake in the activities, he didn't want to touch any of the instruments, he only wanted to hold me. He got off of my lap, tears running down his cheeks, pointed at the door and said, "Mommy, go home!" Oh and did I mention that MY kid was the only one crying. So here I am KNOWING that my kid is the coolest kid in the room yet everyone in the class thinks he's the biggest baby in the room. Then I started thinking. . . They probably won't want to sit by him because he's so lame. He'll never make any friends in class because no one wants to be friends with the kid that's crying all the time. Anyway, earlier in the week when I was talking about pre-schools, Paul had asked me what the point was. We now both see what the point is! We can't have him sitting in high school math class and crying uncontrolably, even if that's what I did! Hopefully he'll start enjoying it soon!

-------------------

A day after the blubbering music class incident, we had friends over for Paul's birthday. ONe of our friends brought over their son, who is one year older than Jack. They had a GREAT time and Jack was nothing like he was in class, which was encouraging because there was a large group of people AND children! So he made his first friend--it was the first time I had seen him actually PLAY with another kid. They stacked Legos together and played with his train set. Maybe there is hope for him yet!

-------------------

In Dani news, we have finally found something to help the poor baby--gripe water. It's herbal and I was originally skeptical and hesitant to give her something that wasn't really "medicine". However, after my pediatrician suggested it and my OB-GYN said she gave it to her daughter, we gave it a whirl. And got a brand new baby! It is such a relief to see her happy and not always in pain! She's still a little colicky from time to time but NOTHING like she was. I bought a second back up bottle already because I don't want to be without Dani's new magic potion!

1 comment:

CJ said...

The gripe water has worked for us too!! Thanks for suggesting it!