Tuesday, April 12, 2011

We Have a Thumbsucker!

When Jack was born, I wanted him to be a thumbsucker. I just thought it was so cute. But he didn't. In fact, he didn't even like Binkys. He was fine with them until he started to get teeth and then he thought they were stupid. Even before that though, he wasn't all that reliant on them. Then he showed zero interest in his thumb. In fact, he never was big into putting things into his mouth. At least not as much as I have heard other kids do it. And then there's Dani. Dani didn't really think the pacifier was all that special either. I figured that my kids just weren't Binky babies. But since Dani has found her fingers, she likes to suck on them. As she has gotten more and more dexterity, she has become better and finding her thumb. Just tonight, I went to check on her and she was sound asleep, sucking on her thumb. It was one of the most adorable things ever. Now I am also excited because maybe I can blame the fact that I gnaw my fingernails down to nothing on heredity. I just hope that Dani gives up the thumbsucking before I did (I was 8!). But for now, I could sit there and watch my sweet girl look even sweeter all day!

1 comment:

CJ said...

I keep hoping C will be my thumbsucker. NONE of my other kids did! She LOVES her fingers and has gotten her thumb (and her big toe) a few times, so I'm holding out hope! But I beat you, I didn't stop sucking mine until the summer before high school! (Prior to that it was a nightime only thing, but I would ALWAYS wake up with that damn thing in my mouth!)