Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mommy/Son Day

The Pillow Fort


Relaxing in the fort

Where's your other sock? (This is a frequent question for Jack)

AHHHH! (Jack loves to yell!)

Carmen was sick today so I stayed home with Jack. It is always great to wake up later and wake up to my boy's smiling face. He was teething something fierce today--he's getting multiple teeth at once-and was eating his hand all day, was super clingy and his cheeks are all red from sucking on his hands. So I decided not to take him to the bookstore. He's not a big shopper anyway and it was cold and I didn't want to make him even sadder on top of the teething.
I wanted to do something fun, though, and am tiring if Jack's same old toys--I can't wait until Christmas (though I did let him see some of his toys today to see how he liked them.) So I decided to build a pillow mountain that Jack could climb. Then I put Jo-Jo (his monkey) on top and had him climb to get it. He did it twice and didn't think it was all that great. So I created a pillow fort. And I learned that 9 month olds really do NOT appreciate pillow forts. I wish I had known this before I took all of the pillows and blankets from everywhere and lugged them downstairs!!





















No comments: