Monday, November 16, 2009

Who loves ya?

There are a million moments a day that make me love being Jack's mom. But every once and awhile one happens that completely melts the heart that you thought couldn't possibly be melted any more.

Today I got home and was greeted by a grinning Jack, as usual. I hurried upstairs to change before Carmen left. When I got back downstairs, I went up to Jack, who was in Carmen's arms. He smiled and threw his arms out towards me. When I grabbed him, he hugged me around the neck and rested his head on my shoulder.

After Carmen left, I put Jack in his playpen while I gathered a few toys from the toybox to bring out and play (you can't leave that kid alone for a second these days!). He was eagerly standing in his playpen peeking around corners when I slipped just out of view. I finally chose the toys and went to get him. He happily reached up with open arms and then leaned in to kiss me on the mouth. Now, I did have a piece of candy in my mouth but that doesn't explain why, after I kissed him, he kissed me again on the cheek! Have I mentioned I adore this kid?

Tonight during story time, we played our usual game where I hide Corneilius P. Mud and had some fun reading that and Llama Llama Red Pajama, which he also loves. He smiled the whole time and got so excited as he turned each page. After I gave him a hug and asked for yet another kiss and he gave me one. I put him in bed and he immediately started smiling at me as he started to pull himself up. When he finally gets there, which isn't that easy to do in a sleep sack, he just stands there smiling at me, waiting for me to notice (like I even take my eyes off him for a second when I am cleaning up the books). We do one more hug good night and I leave. But it's getting harder and harder to close that door for the night! (Even if I do still check on him about 5 more times before I go to bed!!)

No comments: